Job Announcement: Office of Campaign and Political Finance
Performs audits, analysis, and reconciliation of reports filed by candidates and political committees to ensure compliance with the Massachusetts campaign finance law. Assists candidates and agents of committees in understanding the law and regulations. Communicates with committees to answer questions and provide instruction/assistance on electronic filing system. Discusses analysis prepared from audit reviews and investigations with senior staff to resolve compliance issues. Assists in agency special projects. Provides significant support in the preparation of legal case reviews.
- Ability to understand and apply statutes and regulations governing campaign finance.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to assist committees in understanding the campaign finance law.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently, and with a wide variety of stakeholders. Willingness to work in a collaborative setting to achieve agency objectives and provide regulatory guidance. Demonstrate initiative, creativity and ability to share new ideas to improve processes and procedure.
- Aptitude for databases and reporting and tracking tools; strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to interpret and respond to questions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies; ability to proactively set priorities and multi-task without compromising attention to detail; ability to preserve confidential information required.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Outlook beneficial.
- BA/BS or professional experience in accounting, auditing, business administration, finance, public administration, political science, government, or related field.
- Professional experience in a government, financial, banking, accounting or legal setting beneficial but not required.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an excellent state employee benefits package. Starting salary will range from $62,000 to $65,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Currently a hybrid position based in Boston. Posting will remain open until position filled.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org